Pages

My name is Jessica and I have ADHD

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

I have wanted to start this blog on a different direction and maybe, just maybe help others to understand ADHD a little bit more.  I am in no way a Dr but I have lived with it for 33 years and when I was diagnosed as an adult it was life changing.  I have binged on research and watched any YouTube video I can find (seriously. Love the channel "How to ADHD" )  the problem I have have is that there aren't many blogs etc that talk about being a mom with ADHD, let alone an ADHD mom who runs a rapidly growing business/has a farm/ is a "crazy" chicken lady.... You pick up what I'm throwing down.   So, before I get into the billions of things I'd love to say or topics I'm absolutely over excited to talk about, I thought it would be important to introduce myself:

My name is Jessica
I am 33 years old
I have four human kiddos (two by birth, two by seriously amazing luck)
27 feathered chicken children, 16 feathered duck rebels,  a growing herd of cow children, and a host of other fur babies.
I am married to probably the most amazing and most understanding man I have ever met in my life (trust me pure luck on this one)  he cheers me on, helps me when I go down the rabbit hole, and has done everything he can to gain knowledge on my super powers.
I was married once before but that is a whole other can of worms I won't get into now.
I live on a farm. (hopefully You gathered that from above. If not, I hope I cleared things up for you lol!!!)
I own my own subscription box company
I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 27 and finally decided to get some help for myself at 29.
I take snapchats when I'm having a bad day and although I don't send them to anyone on snapchat I love saving them to my phone and sending them to my friends when they are having a bad day.... I mean seriously, who can be upset when you are transformed into a dancing granny or a host of other random things?  (if that makes no sense and or you haven't heard of it, go download it now... Seriously. No, seriously.)
I have many more random quirky things about myself and will share them some other time. My goal is to keep my posts short because, well, I automatically blow off some blogs if it looks like too much work lol and don't want you to feel that way with me.

If you made it to the end of this YAY!!!  I'm so very proud of you and I'm pretty sure you're an ADHD Rockstar! Do a happy dance or take a snapchat selfie as a maniacal bunny... It's hilarious!

To end this I want to say that I hope you embrace your hot mess. ADHD is not a sentence, it's a super power!!!
Jess

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs