Pages

10 reasons why having ADHD makes you a Superhero

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

I watched this show once called "psych" where this guy pretended to be psychic and would solve cases etc. The reason everyone always thought he was psychic is because he could look at the big picture, take in every detail and random abnormality in the situation then make an accurate synopsis of what happened.  In the show they actually show as he is figuring out the case or whatever, the little things he heard or saw to help him come to his conclusion. He wasn't psychic, really he was adhd lol!!
I can tell you the ending to almost any movie I'm watching, accurately predict any new recess school kiddo drama and whatever mischief my children seem to think they are so good at hiding.  This  along with a couple of other characteristics of being uniquely adhd is what helped me draw up the conclusion that really adhd is a super power and that it in fact means we are all super heros!!!  Now, before you go and pick out your outfit (no cape, seriously they're  dangerous)  let me tell you why.
(total side note if I were to ever really get to pick out a super hero costume I think yoga pants should be a standard part of them. I mean, comfort,  flexibility, not to mention that who would suspect a woman in yoga pants? )
OK so down to the facts:
1. We see EVERYTHING! Everything. Even the slightest change in someones eyes.
2. We hear everything. (well except when we're hyper focused which leads me to...
3. We can hyper focus on a task.  It's really an amazing thing when it kicks in! Of course it also has to be on the appropriate thing lol!
4.  We remember things that happened days, year, weeks before. (maybe not where the keys to the car are but other random (most of the time helpful) things.
5. We have quirky personalities, you won't ever be bored with a superhero like us.
6. We can solve any problem we put our minds to all while juggling a ton of other things.
7.  We care, we actually genuinely care. Sometimes it may seem like we aren't  taking in everything you say but trust me we are.
8. We read people very well (see one and two)
9. We are extremely passionate and Persistant (additional power to point 6)
10. Often times we are more empathetic. We are able to see every side to a situation as we know what it's like to struggle and instead of getting frustrated (not all but most of the time) we are able to instead go to plan b (or c, or d, or e... You get the picture)
Really there are more reasons but I'll start with that. 
So, how does it feel to know you are a super hero?  Are you ready to pick out your Cape free super hero outfit?  It's going to be awesome I just know it!!! 
Alright, until next time... I'm going to go design my outfit as I have a little time between my next task lol!  Next time or maybe the time after (still working on committing to certain things but you understand) I'll update you on how my new routine app is going. Today is the first day!!! If it works it might be a good tool for you. Yay! I'm your Guinea pig!
(side note: I always wanted a Guinea pig because their so stinkin cute. I would name him Edward or maybe Frank.... Fred?)
See you next time (enter super hero theme music here)
Jess aka the absent minded farm Momma

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs